Job Title: Global Sourcing Manager
Report to: Global Director of Procurement
Location: Hybrid - onsite in Dundalk and remote.
National Pen is one of the largest promotional products companies in the world, servicing over 20 countries in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We manufacture and sell products internationally through direct mail, telesales, web, retail and distributor channels. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with facilities in Tennessee, Mexico, Ireland and China. National Pen’s unique niche is the ability to personalize a promotional product to a customer’s specific needs for low volume production batches.
Overview of the Role:
The Global Sourcing Manager for Direct and Indirect materials is responsible for developing and leading sourcing strategies leveraging the global scale of the organisation, negotiating the best commercial terms, implementing robust terms and conditions, developing strong supplier relationships and develop and implement market leading category strategies and plans.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement strategic category strategies to support our cost saving targets
- Develop a pipeline of savings and improvement projects across all categories globally
- Lead strategic sourcing activities, including RFx development and execution, statement of work drafting, TCO analysis, negotiations and approval
- Keep informed on category specific industry trends and market dynamics and share information about global best practices and innovative ideas with your stakeholders.
- Support working capital initiatives through effective payment term negotiation with suppliers.
- Negotiate best in class contracts across all categories with an emphasis on commercial terms and conditions, risk mitigation, business continuity, service delivery and quality.
- Manage Supplier Performance and implementing SLA’s, KPI’s and reporting where appropriate
- Management and development of MRO buyer in Czech Republic
- Categories include but not limited to; raw materials, semi-finished goods, MRO, Paper, Corrugated Cardboard, HR Services, IT, Professional Services, Marketing, eCommerce
Who you are:
- Results orientation - must deliver measurable and auditable results and report on the results in line with company reporting cadence
- Collaborative – ability to engage extensive network of external and internal experts
- Communication – must be able to effectively communicate in English in both written and verbal forms; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels in various organizations from transactional to senior management
- Process orientation –establish and follow structured processes for evaluating data, developing project scope, financial analysis, data reporting and supplier relationship management
- Influence - drive key improvements and initiatives through consultation and collaboration across the relevant functions, influencing the audience through provision of fact-based information and sharing potential of the opportunities identified
- Problem Solving - Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations, know how to resolve conflicts and vendor challenges such as non-performance, invoicing errors
Key Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum 7 years Procurement sourcing experience in a related field
- Experience in or familiarity of Raw Materials, Paper, Corrugated Cardboard, Logistics, MRO, IT and Professional Services Categories.
- Global/Multinational experience is required
- Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Strong contract management and contract negotiation skills
- Full proficiency in use of computer tools including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SRM/SAP and other database type tools.
- Working experience with Oracle EBS preferred but not essential
- Qualifications such as Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing preferred but not essential
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
You’ll love working with us because:
- We are a bright, kind, and motivated team. You can be your authentic self and are empowered to encourage others to do the same
- We are a successful, fast-growing global company helping small businesses do big things.
- We are on a mission to deliver the most personal experience to our customers in everything we do
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and testing innovative strategies
- We take what we do seriously. We do not take ourselves seriously
- We offer a great work environment with competitive compensation, flexibility and fun
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.