The recently created Kellogg’s European eCommerce team are looking for an eCommerce Data & Insight Analyst to join our growing team. This person will be an excel pro, incredibly data driven, inquisitive, an engaging communicator and someone who enjoys working across multiple markets and with multiple sources of data. This role will give you wide ranging exposure to our European eCommerce operations which is one of the fastest growing and exciting channels in our industry.
We want you to play a key role in accelerating our incredible brands: ‘Kellogg’s’ & ‘Pringles’, online performance across our European markets by taking the reins on our data, performing analytics, and showcasing your insights to compel action. You will be pivotal to shaping our European eCommerce strategy and future growth plans whilst also keeping our management team informed of our European markets’ online performance and opportunities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support our growth: Enable the European eCommerce team to identify new commercial opportunities within our categories (Cereal, Snacks & Crisps) across a) our online customers and b) across our online channels (supermarkets, marketplaces, quick commerce), by analysing our multiple and varied sources of data and turning them into meaningful and actionable insights.
- Educate and inspire: Take the lead and own all of our eCommerce data – there are many sources and when combined into one coherent view, they tell a powerful story. We want you to centralise our data and build dashboards that educates our stakeholders on how our portfolio is performing online vs. instore, highlights our key drivers of growth and provokes reflection and inspires action within our individual markets and overall region.
- Be open to learning: Build relationships across all areas of Kellogg’s, especially within Kellogg’s Analytics and Strategy & Insights teams and also with our customers & retailers. Be inquisitive and proactive, always on the lookout for new sources of data and insights that can help us develop our categories and channels.
The role has a very wide potential business scope, with considerable opportunity to set your own agenda in addition to responding to management, but likely focus areas include
- Delivering and maintaining dynamic & automated trading reporting to ‘better’ pilot our ecommerce performance
- Channel & customers & category deep data analysis to provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Advancing our category thought leadership with priority retailers (mainly large European supermarkets and Amazon) leveraging data & analytics partnership to inform actionable insights and provide strategic growth recommendations
- Digital capabilities measurement & effectiveness, and supporting our Shopper Insights agenda, to strengthen our Centre of Excellence
- Be naturally numerate – someone for whom data and numbers “come to life” in your mind
- Be able to turn requests from the business for insights, expressed in business language, into deep-dives into data expressed in technical language
- Have fanatical attention to detail
- Be at your happiest turning data into insight into action
- be able to explain clearly and simply to less analytical co-workers why your data analysis is meaningful
- be confident in influencing them to act upon it
- be comfortable exposing your analysis to scrutiny from 3rd parties
- Be able to demonstrate the technical skills needed to enable your analytical abilities. In particular
- a knowledge of statistics
- confident in the use of at least one programming language
- able to manipulate data in databases, including normalising and cleansing
- probably an Excel ninja (or some equivalent data manipulation and presentation tool). Using techniques such as pivot tables, vlookups, if statements, advanced charting, and so forth, will come as naturally to you as talking
- Be happy to maintain week-on-week and day-on-day routine data tracking activities as well as carrying out ad-hoc investigations
- Ideally have some exposure to the language of consumer products e.g. Brands, Product Portfolios, Margins, Trade Terms, etc