eCommerce has been a significant growth channel for Diageo in Ireland, growing at 122% in value over the last year, the biggest growth contribution to the Ireland business over this period. This channel is all about bringing together the personal and professional shopper shift to digital channels and driving incremental growth for Diageo by developing strategies that promote a streamlined shopper experience across channels. With the environment we find ourselves in now, this channel will only continue to become more prevalent and a bigger part of our overall business.
In this role you will own the Digital Marketing Strategy for our On Trade ecommerce and digital engagement platform, Diageo One - developing content and engagement strategies that both help our customers run and grow their business, and deliver against Diageo’s objectives of driving commercial growth and embedding everyday efficiencies.
Not only will you be passionate about Digital, leading with curiosity to uncover the possibilities this channel uniquely offers - you can effectively handle collaborators internally and externally across multiple functions. You are resilient in the face of a dynamic sophisticated environment, thrive in ambiguity, and develop game winning strategies that drive customer value and commercial outcomes.
- Define and implement the Diageo One digital marketing strategy across web, content and CRM, working with internal and external teams to define and deliver your vision
- Lead the CRM/email marketing strategy for the platform, partnering with the sales efficiency and Diageo One product teams to segment customers and define the content and engagement strategy for each segment
- Own and drive ecommerce trading performance in the On Trade, adapting your digital marketing strategy and tactics as required when context or performance changes
- Lead the measurement & evaluation strategy for eCommerce in B2B, embedding an operational cadence within the On Trade that enables the business to collect, surface and take action on online performance
- Develop a testing roadmap, ensuring we are constantly learning and optimising - including plans to scale successful tests where appropriate
- Partner closely with sales, customer service, supply chain and finance to understand live customer context, taking as input to advise and adapt your strategy where required.
- Constantly scan the environment for emerging features, trends and insights that can drive value for Diageo and our customers
- Run B2B eCommerce A&P budget and resourcing
- Demonstrated ability in Digital Marketing and eCommerce - B2B preferred but not crucial
- Experience developing content marketing strategies, and an understanding of the nuances required for acquisition vs retention based strategies
- Experience developing and implementing CRM/email marketing strategies, including segmentation and user journeys
- Data driven, with the ability to synthesise data into compelling insights that drive action
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and enterprise marketing automation tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing creative briefs and crafting campaign strategies that engage business customers and drive commercial outcomes
- Strong project management skills, capable of developing project plans and leading cross functional groups to deliver plans on time and within budget
- Experience managing agency partners and developing creative and campaign briefs that enable them to deliver high quality work
- Agitator, you challenge the norms both internally and externally to drive cultural and performance breakthroughs
- Relentless in the pursuit of growth – you have hunger and roadblocks are challenges you relish and overcome with ease
- Go above and beyond to deliver the right outcomes for the customer and the business. You are able to be in the trenches, as well as lead from the front turning data into practical insights
- Famous for making it happen – your words translate into action & results delivering visible impact
- An innovative change agent who can influence and encourage executive level leaders, sales teams, marketeers partners and customers in new ways of doing business
- Passionate about this agenda, acting as an impetus to those around you
- Agile and adaptive which is key to success in this fast moving environment
This is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time and compressed hours. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps us to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the outstanding contribution each person brings.
We truly believe in the power that comes from a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good teammate, you could be a phenomenal fit so if you’re passionate about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
St James Gate
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date