This role is sometimes also referred to as Business Analyst, Solutions Architect, Solutions Engineer or Sales Engineer.
StudioForty9 works in the retail ecommerce domain and our Solutions Consultant understands the platforms, technology, regulations and workflows that support retail, ecommerce and the interface between the two.
The key work that the Solutions Consultant does is to listen to customer requirements, explain options, determine a solution, ensure that the solution is feasible (in communication with the rest of the StudioForty9 team if necessary), describe the solution in a scope of work document and get agreement from the customer that the solution accurately describes what they’re looking for and will meet their needs.
- To lead technical discovery sessions with clients to gather, understand, refine and agree requirements
- To develop, explain and agree solutions between the internal and external technical, design, and business teams
- To take end-to-end ownership of the solution development, from requirements gathering and business analysis, to description of technical approach and solution
- To produce appropriate documentation to ensure understanding and facilitate sign-off
- To ensure that scope of work is complete and the indication of in-scope and out-of-scope is clearly defined
- To facilitate incoming customer technical requests through collaboration with internal colleagues, including Sales, Customer Success, Development, and Project Management
- To keep up-to-date with changes in the area of ecommerce and the platforms, services and partners we work with and their offerings
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail demonstrated by experience of completion of tasks to a high standard
- Good organizational skills demonstrated by organizing and prioritizing workload; and completing tasks to deadlines
- A good team player and a good communicator with teammates, who is also capable of working independently
- Is proactive and shows initiative in the role
- Customer focused with the objective of identifying and meeting customer needs proactively and always to the highest level of quality
- Detail oriented with the ability to explore and translate, sometimes vague, customer requirements into fit for purpose, cost effective solutions
- Happy to research solutions or work through options and solutions with teammates
- Solid skills and experience in delivering technology solution demonstrations to small and large audiences
- Experience in a customer facing role, ideally as a Solutions Consultant, Solutions Architect or Solutions Engineer
- Takes pride in working on projects to a successful completion involving a wide variety of customer verticals, technologies and systems
- Proven experience with solution design and technical proposal writing
- Experience with SaaS solutions, concepts, and business models
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class software systems like OMS, CRM, ERP, PIM, EPoS
Who are StudioForty9
StudioForty9 is a recognised leader in the Irish digital sector, with an award-winning and proven track-record of delivering, maintaining and continuously improving high-performance ecommerce and omnichannel retail solutions for the Irish retail industry. The StudioForty9 team is experienced, innovative, and committed to excellence and we count some of Ireland’s most experienced ecommerce professionals among our number.
Our experience and ability has led us to work with some of Ireland's household names in retail. We have helped those companies to grow their business in Ireland by capturing extra market share and serving their instore and online customers across a wider range of commercial channels as well as overseas, by opening up previously inaccessible markets and building the integrations, automated processes and workflows needed to help scale an online business for international sales.
We are at the forefront of Irish ecommerce and ahead of the pack when it comes to implementing innovative and complex ecommerce solutions for omnichannel and international sales at scale, while also excelling at design and customer experience, and keeping right up to date with ecommerce trends and new requirements in compliance and regulations.
We operate on a partnership approach where our clients come first. We strive to develop long-term and meaningful relationships. We are platform agnostic, which allows us advise and enable our clients to get the system best suited to their needs and ambitions.
Why Work at StudioForty9
- Exciting Worklife - Challenging and exciting projects, working with many of Ireland’s leading retailers.
- Pension Scheme - We have a well-researched active pension scheme.
- A Fun Group - A relaxed working environment emphasised by our Friday social lunches where everybody gathers for lunch for company & team updates, joke-telling and quizzes.
- Flexible Work Environment - Core working hours, but flexibility to start early or late, and sometimes work from home or remotely. As long as you get your work done, we’re flexible!
- Social Nights - Monthly social nights out and themed nights in the office playing games, eating, drinking and occasional 80s karaoke.
- International Team - We are an international team bringing many languages, diversity, and creativity to StudioForty9.
- The Heart of Cork - Our office is located right in the centre of Cork City with lots of transport options available, endless coffee options, super lunch spots and a bevy of pubs on the doorstep of the office.
- Open Modern Workspace - Open workspace, break out spaces, rest areas, and deep work rooms, plus collaborative workspaces.
- Professional Development - Opportunities for further personal development through courses and training. Chances to attend Ecommerce conferences around Ireland and Europe.