- The Frontend Developer will work as part of a team alongside a Technical Lead, further developers and Project Manager.
- Require regular communication with the team with the aim of putting features live on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.
- Will be required to QA the work themselves and get it to a point where it can be signed-off by the client before handing it over to the Technical Lead for deployment.
- Time all work against estimates provided by the Technical Lead and ensure timely communication in scenarios where the estimates cannot be met.
- Will perform code reviews on a daily basis of his colleagues' commits to ensure best practice coding standards.
- Ideally, a few years of experience working on the Ecommerce platforms in a commercial environment.
- Example code will be required for review during this process.
- Three sample sites which you helped build or which you have added significant features to after the initial build. The candidate must be able to explain their role in the development process in detail and outline the challenges they experienced and lessons learned during the process.
- A strong understanding of the unique communication requirements of remote working.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Git.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5 is a must, in addition to experience with modern CSS3 features such as flex, and css grid. Knowing when not to use them is just as important.
- You will be using various build tools such as grunt, gulp and webpack.
- Experience with SASS and LESS is a must.
- Knowing the role that documentation and testing plays in the development cycle.
- All of our frontends are responsive and mobile first. You must have demonstrable experience and be comfortable working from mobile first designs.
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Experience with Magento, Shopify, Big Commerce, and Shopware.
- Experience in performance tuning, security, composer, devops, git flow.
- Certifications in Magento, Shopware, PHP, MySQL, and/or Linux are considered an advantage.
- Experience of working with Ruby.
- Even though many frameworks and websites are phasing it out, jQuery still get used on some projects so some experience would be preferred.
- Any experience building custom PWAs (or similar RESTful development) and service workers would also be advantageous.
- Frontend testing such as mocha and cypress.
- Front end templating languages such as smarty, twig or mustache.
Who are StudioForty9
StudioForty9 is a recognised leader in the Irish digital sector, with an award-winning and proven track-record of delivering, maintaining and continuously improving high-performance ecommerce and omnichannel retail solutions for the Irish retail industry. The StudioForty9 team is experienced, innovative, and committed to excellence and we count some of Ireland’s most experienced ecommerce professionals among our number.
Our experience and ability has led us to work with some of Ireland's household names in retail. We have helped those companies to grow their business in Ireland by capturing extra market share and serving their instore and online customers across a wider range of commercial channels as well as overseas, by opening up previously inaccessible markets and building the integrations, automated processes and workflows needed to help scale an online business for international sales.
We are at the forefront of Irish ecommerce and ahead of the pack when it comes to implementing innovative and complex ecommerce solutions for omnichannel and international sales at scale, while also excelling at design and customer experience, and keeping right up to date with ecommerce trends and new requirements in compliance and regulations.
We operate on a partnership approach where our clients come first. We strive to develop long-term and meaningful relationships. We are platform agnostic, which allows us advise and enable our clients to get the system best suited to their needs and ambitions.
Why Work at StudioForty9
- Exciting Worklife - Challenging and exciting projects, working with many of Ireland’s leading retailers.
- Pension Scheme - We have a well-researched active pension scheme.
- A Fun Group - A relaxed working environment emphasised by our Friday social lunches where everybody gathers for lunch for company & team updates, joke-telling and quizzes.
- Flexible Work Environment - Core working hours, but flexibility to start early or late, and sometimes work from home or remotely. As long as you get your work done, we’re flexible!
- Social Nights - Monthly social nights out and themed nights in the office playing games, eating, drinking and occasional 80s karaoke.
- International Team - We are an international team bringing many languages, diversity, and creativity to StudioForty9.
- The Heart of Cork - Our office is located right in the centre of Cork City with lots of transport options available, endless coffee options, super lunch spots and a bevy of pubs on the doorstep of the office.
- Open Modern Workspace - Open workspace, break out spaces, rest areas, and deep work rooms, plus collaborative workspaces.
- Professional Development - Opportunities for further personal development through courses and training. Chances to attend Ecommerce conferences around Ireland and Europe.